Vegan Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
Y-U-M! Need a new treat? Try these vegan, rice crispy treats! YES, it is possible to make rice crispies without sugary marshmallows. Recipe below:
5 1/2 cups of rice crispy cereal (we used brown rice crispies from whole foods to make it a tad bit healthier)
1 cup of dark chocolate chips (we recommend low sugar and vegan)
1/2 cup of tahini (sesame seed butter)
1.5 tablespoon of honey (optional)
1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
1. In a large pot and on low heat, melt the chocolate chips, tahini, and honey together. Stir the mixture continuously, until smooth.
2. Add the rice crispy cereal and mix well until the cereal is covered in chocolate.
3. Mix in the ground flax seeds.
4. Spread the mixture into a large rectangle pan and freeze until solid (about 10 minutes).
5. Remove from the freezer and enjoy! Store the leftovers covered, in the refrigerator.
Share your favorite healthy snacks in the comments!